Thank you for giving me a quandary – not knowing whether to hate, Hate, HATE your “Dad & son camping trip” ad, or love, Love, LOVE you for it, is keeping me on my toes.
The ad is particularly relevant to me as, this weekend, my 4-year-old daughter and I (with a couple of other Dads and daughters) are embarking on a camping trip of our own.
Especially given the meteorological outlook.
It’s easier to start with why I hate your ad:
- A camping trip should be about escaping technology, long-lasting human interaction and getting back to nature – jus’ like the good ol’ days. Not playing Angry Birds or watching cartoons (or whatever)
- It’s bogus. Bedtime story on an iPad (sorry nexus7)? Bogus. Dinosaur in the sights of the binos? Bogus. So bogus in fact that I was half expecting to see the adventurous pair frying an egg on their iPad (sorry nexus7)
- Any self-respecting Dad – especially one techy enough to own an iPad (sorry nexus7) – would not have such a crap tent
- That optimistic music. Again! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!. I suggest that you and Apple just join forces, buy the same tunes and both save yourselves some cash
- You’re advertising the tablet category, not the brand. OK, I get the “Playground is open”, but what makes your playground better than Apple’s?
- There will be no WiFi / 3G where we’re going
Reasons why I love your ad:
- I now want an iPad (sorry nexus7)